Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Egg 'n my

All of my family was at EGG and I. Just then my mom started to ask a question.I looked up from my menu,and my heart skipped a beat, what was she going to ask I wondered. My mom cleared her throat and finally asked, “would you like to go to Austin or Colorodo this summer?” I thought so hard my brain hurt, for a whole ten minutes my family stayed silent,which is very weird for my family. But my brothers voice broke the silence,his voice cut throgh the air like lightning,after all he’s loud enogh.My brother told us where he wanted to go (Colorodo) .When it was my turn to vote my mouth turned dry I fumbled while my mind came to a conclusion,suddenly the solution hit me hard “colorodo” I stated to my family .Soon enogh we were playing jail,watching movies, and playing with my cousins cats .As I trotted,skipped,and galloped I thought to myself this is moment I never ever want to forget.I still remember the fire flies buzz,the cackle of the fire and the warmth of my family in the air.
 -Maura

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That sounds like a really fun time. It made me think of the time we went to Estes Park when our boys were young. We had a great time hiking in the mountains, fishing in the stream, and eating at a lot of great restaurants! My favorite time was sitting outside and just enjoying the mountains. It is so flat here...

    ReplyDelete